Saturday 2 April 2016

How Can I Prepare Myself for General Conference this weekend?

During this weekend; in Salt Lake City Utah, General Conference will be viewing and broadcasting LIVE to the Church members and non-members to watch. I thought about a great question and the answer based on General Conference lately.

I won't be watching General Conference LIVE broadcast this weekend because I don't feel like waking up at ridiculous hour in the morning to watch it. So I will be watching it next weekend. 
My question still applies to the church members and non-members who will be viewing General Conference LIVE this weekend. 
 
The question was, "How Can I Prepare Myself for General Conference this weekend?"
 
Today, I would like to share with you about some ways of what you can do to prepare yourself
for General Conference this weekend. 
My answer was, "Before General Conference,
  • I encourage you to read some past talks from the previous General Conference sessions. 
  • Make a list of some questions and some concerns that you have in a note book that you will be taking for General Conference.
  • Ponder and pray about your list, asking to receive guidance during General Conference.
During General Conference,
  • You can attend, watch, or listen to all the sessions of conference. Focus just on General Conference rather than trying to do other activities at the same time.
  • Listen carefully and intently. Be especially ready to receive answers to your questions whether your answers come from talks, prayers, songs, or promptings from the Spirit.
  • If your questions got answered and/or your concerns got resolved, write down what the Spirit has prompted you to write,
After General Conference, 
  • I would encourage you to read some of the talks in your own time and try to apply a few of those talks into your everyday life.
  • Share thanks to Heavenly Father."
Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment